NIETS (Public Organization) is an academic and professional institute serving as a referenced organization at both national and international levels in the field of educational measurement and evaluation to make Thai citizens at all levels and types have educational quality reaching at an international standard.
- To organize the systems and methods of testing and develop instruments for measuring and accessing in accordance with educational standards of learners.
- To organize national education testing and assessment as well as to cooperate and support testing to schools and educational service area offices.
- To organize educational testing and provide testing services concerning abilities, academic and vocational standard assessment forced it transfer or between educational systems.
- To conduct research studies and disseminate innovative practices in educational testing as well as techniques for educational measurement and evaluation.
- To become a center for educational testing, supporting and providing test results to various organizations, both domestic and international.
- To enhance and promote educational measurement and evaluation including training of the personnel in the field of measurement, testing and assessment, monitoring and assessing the quality of graduates, and certifying the measurement and evaluation centers in terms of systems, methods and instruments.
- To serve as a center of cooperation in the field of educational measurement and evaluation at national and international levels.