GAT/PAT : General Aptitude Test/ Professional and Academic Aptitude Test
- To make use of the test results for university admission purpose.
- To make use of the test results as a part of the student selection process in Direct Admission System (depending on the requirements of individual universities).
GAT (General Aptitude Test) was divided into 2 sections:
- Section 1 : Reading Writing, Critical thinking, Skill and Problem solving skill;
- Section 2 : Ability in English communication.
In terms of PAT (Professional and Academic Aptitude Test) was also divided 2 parts are:
- Part 1 : Basic knowledge.
- Part 2 : Aptitude assessed.
The test was given for the first time in the academic year 2009. It was then given 3 times a year (July, October, and March) until 2010. In 2011, it was given only once since 2012 and later, it has been given twice/year (October, March). NIETS cut off the July examination because it is in the middle of a semester session and thus the students have not yet completely graduated.